Welcome to art for the 2016-2017 school year!!! So sorry for the late post. We hit the ground running with art assignments on day one of class! We had to get ready for International Dot Day! I like to call International Dot Day is an art teacher holiday. It celebrates to artist in every child. The Day is based on the book, "The Dot" by Peter Reynolds. Another good read is the Lions and Colors Brochure! I am enjoying a copy of it myself! I sent these home with your child at the beginning of the school year. Please take a look at it and check out some of the valuable info about what your student will be learning this year, along with some resources! Below is some of the AWESOME artwork the students worked on for Dot Day. I am so proud!
1st grade used Crayola Model Magic Clay and recreated a Wassily Kandinsky Concentric Circle!
Kindergarten made Abstract Dots!
2nd grade painted a Collaborative Mural. It came out beautifully!!
3rd grade painted dots on one side and made a pattern with lines on the other!
4th grader did their first concentric circle weaving project!
5th graders made string art dots! Love these!!




























No comments:
Post a Comment