Friday, October 23, 2015

Color Me Rad! Pt. 3


We are still working on our color wheels and talking about artwork that features the primary and secondary colors.  5th graders are painting value scales. What's a value scale you ask?  Ask your 5th grader, they should be able to tell you!  If not, they have some 'splaining to do! (My failed attempt at humor, I apologize!)

In the next upcoming weeks, I am excited to begin projects with the students.  I know they are excited and can't wait to get their hands dirty, so to speak!

Here are some questions to ask your child about painters, Randell Browning (Realism) and Piet Mondrian (Abstract) based on the artwork from last week's post.

How are these artworks the same?

How are these artworks different?

Can you tell what each one is about? How?

How do you think these artist made these pieces of art? How can you tell?

Have Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment