Woo-hoo!! We are beginning our color unit in art class! It is my favorite element of art to teach, talk about and do. It's all about color mixing, looking at artists who use color in their artwork and creating our own artwork in, you guessed it, COLOR!
We began this unit with drawing ourselves in each of the colors of the spectrum. Each grade level was assigned to a color. Kindergarten-Red, 1st grade-Orange, 2nd grade-yellow, 3rd grade-Green, 4th grade-blue, and 5th grade-purple. Once we are done, I will display them in the hallway to make a color spectrum of all the students, AND teachers in the school. Needless to say, I am very excited about this project and hopefully the kids are too. Ask them about it at home.
Next week, we will talk about color mixing. In some classes we did a preview by discussing which colors are primary and why and which colors are secondary and why. I was pleasantly surprised that some of the students remembered to song and video I played last year about the colors of the rainbow!
I can't wait to see what the students produce this unit! Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment