Friday, February 5, 2016

Happy Black History Month Pt.1



Happy Black History Month everyone! We celebrated in art class a little early so we could adorn our hallway with artwork inspired by African influences!  In some classes, we also celebrated Valentine's Day with art inspired by love! I can't wait to post those next week!  I had a blast creating with the kids and I hope they learned a little about African heritage and had fun doing it.  In the following posts I am going to post projects grade by grade until the end of the month.  Beginning with kindergarten, we read the book, "We All Went on Safari" by Laurie Krebs.  We talked about the animals featured in the book, and then we drew lions.  Here are a few to start.  Stay tuned to www.artsonia.com for the rest of the lions as well as other artwork!









No comments:

Post a Comment